We encourage our team to get involved in the local community. Here are some of the initiatives we currently do and have done in the past.
- Kids Xpress – we have been proud sponsors of ‘A Touch of Colour’ since 2018. Created by GSA Insurance Brokers, this event in Sydney raises money for Kids Express; a children’s mental health charity that helps transform the lives of children impacted by adversity.
- OzHarvest; Cooking For A Cause – our team helped transform rescued ingredients into gourmet meals to support vulnerable communities.
- Australian Red Cross Lifeblood – the team are able to donate blood on company time.
- Good In The Hood – we donated a pre-paid function room at The Fullerton Hotel to Good In The Hood and their charity partners and volunteers. Good in the Hood are a Sydney-based volunteer organisation who provide meals to residents who are doing it tough, plus provide community-focused programs and events that drive inclusion and tackle loneliness.
- Dress for Success – helping in the warehouse and showroom.
- Donated 10% of all January 2020 profits to the NSW Rural Fire Service.
- Award Sponsors – We have been proud to sponsor Insurance Business Australia Awards and Rising Stars.
- CPD-Anytime – Our team are regular contributors to industry through leadership and development, with Daniel Marsh participating in interviews for CPD-Anytime to contribute to CPD points for industry members.
- Blake Oliver Connect – to help build awareness of the career paths in insurance and attract new talent into the industry, we created Blake Oliver Connect. Through a unique networking event, we connect students to industry leaders.
Blake Oliver Connect – Student Feedback
- “Learnt a lot about the insurance industry which I never considered”
- “I love the part where students are assigned to sit with people from the industry. It is much easier to communicate and learn more insights from the industry”
- 100% of students found the networking opportunities valuable for career development.
- 90% of students are now considering a career in the insurance industry.